Wednesday, January 24, 2018

If you like La Vie Est Belle and Flowerbomb perfumes you will like Givenchy Live Irrésistible Eau de Parfum.   This was part of a set I got during the holidays.  The above perfumes are always in my dressing room but I enjoy trying new scents esp I when I can buy a smaller version.
        With notes of Rose, Orange Blossom, Vanilla, Caramel this fragrance is a lovely combination of woodsy, sweet & floral spices.  Some state they smell pineapple but I don't - but definitely the roses which I love.  This perfume lasted a very long time for me, as the others tend to fade after a few hours - which helps counteract the cost.  I try to buy my perfumes when there is a discount because as a daily migraineur I cannot use fragrance every day ~ and I miss it!

This duo from Philosophy is a fun item: Peppermint Stick Shower Gel and Lip gloss (from the after Christmas sales).
It does have the peppermint flavor but not too strong and is moisturizing.  This will easily be gone by spring!  I am sure Philosophy will offer similar combinations during the holidays and this will make a great gift.  Many companies do 'Christmas in July' events so be on the lookout for various offerings during that time period and get part of your gifts (even for yourself ~ You are special!!) set aside and saving money. 

I have been craving potatoes lately and love making my smashed potatoes.  Using red potatoes, cook in boiling water until very tender - I leave the skins on.  Drain the water off and add butter, a few TBS of milk (optional) and salt & pepper.  I always make extra because they are easily re-heated for another day.  These potatoes offer many minerals our bodies need: 12 to 15 percent of the daily value for magnesium, phosphorus, copper, and manganese, and 27% of potassium.
These can be jazzed up by adding rosemary/oregano or marjoram and garlic and a splash of olive oil.  Everything you add to these only make them better!

It is that special time of year ~ Girl Scout Cookies are on sale!  Being a wonderful Mimi, I bought my fair share!  Yes, I have already opened some and they are delicious - they can easily be frozen for a later time.


                                            Etsy shop:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheSweetPinkShop?ref=hdr_shop_menu
New things will be listed everyday as the brick & mortar shop is closed.
 


https://www.webstore.com/user,pgr,211269,owner_id,other_items

The place for designer & high-end make up at a discount!

 Pink isn't just a color ~ it's an attitude! 

~ All items purchased by me unless otherwise noted ~
                               Linking up with these fabulous bloggers here

12 comments:

  1. I like your products so much. It's interesting ❤️❤️❤️

    I follow you: Visit and follow ----> Marija's blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love peppermint Philosophy lip gloss! Very interesting products.
    #alittlebitofeverything

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Givenchy perfume sounds amazing! I could almost smell it by your description! Thanks so much for linking up with me On the Edge!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some lovely products there, always looking for a new perfume to try out! #FabFridayPost

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. Your blog is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister sent me some Philosophy lip gloss and it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to look for that perfume. The way you describe has me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Potatoes have a bad rep and that is too bad because they are very nutritious. You can get more Potassium from a potato than a banana. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't tried this perfume yet. I like to buy the sets so I can try a new scent properly before buying the full size version. It takes me a while to make up my mind! Thanks for linking up!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The chicken looks marvelous. In fact, your whole plate looks good. I love the color pink too.

    ReplyDelete

"